My husband and I wandered through the camp and then watched the battle reenactment. The campers and camps were true to the Revolutionary times, including weapons, dress and other gear.
Weapons had to be clean and ready for battle.
Tents were canvas and not necessarily waterproof.
The colonists move to higher ground for battle advantage.
The colonists bring out the big gun!!
The combatants engage face to face.
The cavalry joins the fight.
The colonists stand their ground.
The Redcoats advance and the colonists retreat to fight another day.
Battle reenactment is over. Colonists march back to camp.
Redcoats march back to camp. It’s time to clean guns, cook supper and get some sleep.
- I will plan to spend more time there. I arrived about 1½ hour before the reenactment was scheduled to begin. I should have arrived 2 ½ -3 hours before the reenactment.
- I will spend more time photographing in the camping areas.
- I will arrive earlier to the reenactment area to get a better location from which to photograph.
- I will use a longer lens to photograph the enactment.
- I WILL TRY TO GROW A FOOT OR MORE SO I CAN SEE ABOVE THE HEADS OF EVERYONE ELSE.